THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA


My generous hubby invited me to watch the famous broadway opera "The Phantom of the Opera" last week. I have been a vivid fan of the songs sang but i have not been to the "live" show before. The show was held at Esplanade Theatre...my Ist too to the "durian" theatre....
full of anticipation...cos we bought the stall seats...real expensive $160 ...hopefully to see the best of the show...
they said watching an opera ..there are etiquette to follow...like your dressing (cannot be too casual...definitely no jeans and slippers)...be punctual...
so being obedient audience...we followed along...
indeed, many who bought their seats at the stall...dressed well...there were many who even wore gowns and jackets!...it was indeed a big event...sitting there ..well ...a bit stressed...(its the truth)
despite the bit of stress, it did not spoil my mood for the show...i enjoyed the show , music and drama and all...clapped the loudest for the actor who played the phantom...shed some tears when the phantom sang goodbye to his lovely christine...
my frens asked me how i find esplanade theatre...well it is not as big as i expected..cos it looks big on the outside...the sound system is good:) ...but the seats not very comfortable...and no slopping enough to see the overall view of the stage...(if someone in front of you is tall...then you will have neck pain...watching the show)...
one show is definitely not enough...this month..i and my kaki colleagues will be chasing the film festival shows...look out for my preview then:)

http://www.filmfest.org.sg/

Comments

Popular Posts