PRIORITY SEATS

PRIORITY SEATS IN SINGAPORE :mrt

IN SINGAPORE: SMRT NORTHEAST LINE
IN TAIWAN:MRT
After i went to taiwan last dec, i was utterly impressed by the graciousness of the Taiwanese people by the way they handle the "priority seats". To them, the priority seats does not just represent a signage but a BASIC RESPECT to the elderly , the pregnant women, the disabled or passengers carrying babies.
They would not sit on the priority seats at all , even if they did, once they see someone in need they would automatically give up their seats to others.
this is the GRACIOUSNESS I dream singapore i called MY HOME to be, a bunch of people who are willing to SHOW CARE AND RESPECT to the people around them.
YES, we have signages but the CULTURE of "THIS IS MY SPACE, I DUN REALLY CARE" is
an worrying issue,
even the foreigners model after us , squeezing themselves in buses and mrts, quickly seated themselves in the "priority seats" and ignore others in need.
Many have written to STRAITS TIMES forum to complain,
but before we point fingers at others,
we need to REFLECT on our own behavior ,
do we behave like others?
now i try my best NOT to seat on priority seats and give up my seat to others
THOUGH every time i did it, others around me would think "SO STUPID,...OR SHOW OFF"
I DUN REALLY CARE...
I just hope my actions would speak louder than words ...
"if a small step of kindness will change the world, i would do it"

Comments

Popular Posts